Marketing Director, SBU
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Full Time
What We Do:
Motoinsight data and technology are used by nearly every automaker, over 900 dealership franchises, and the largest banks and insurance companies. Motoinsight’s flagship digital retailing platform Motocommerce™ enables revolutionary omnichannel and e-commerce enabled car buying experiences. For further information, visit www.motoinsight.com.
Our technology is best-in-class, BUT it is our people that truly make the difference. Join us and let's redefine retail, together!
Why Join Us:
Aside from our revolutionary brand, you can:
- Become an integral part of an innovative company that is revolutionizing the way people buy cars.
- Benefit from the motivating working conditions because not only do we believe in work-life balance, but also in the future of remote work.
- Experience rapid career growth for high performers.
- Enjoy competitive salaries and an employer-paid benefits package, that includes extended coverage of health, dental, vision as well as life insurance.
- Get your hands-on exclusive employee new vehicle pricing and incentives.
Have we mentioned?
- Our focus on your wellness and health, with our generous time-off policies, mental health support, and weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Our energetic and fun work environment with weekly team socials
It’s an exciting time to join Motoinsight™, so what are you waiting for? Tell us something unique about yourself and why you want to join our team!
Who We Are Looking For:
Motoinsight is looking for a senior marketing professional to manage the marketing function for the Software Business Unit (Motoinsight, TAdvantage, TRFFK, VAuto and Activix), as well as directly manage Motoinsight marketing organization
This role will organize resources and develop/execute plans to support and in some cases actively drive, customer footprint and revenue growth of the Software Business Unit. The Director will oversee the development and execution of brand strategy, marketing communications, and events for the Software Business Unit and the six brands which comprise it.
The goal is to establish a centralized marketing function while establishing structure and process for marketers dedicated to the various software brands. The director will work closely with SBU senior leadership team to assemble plans and strategies which support revenue and EBITDA goals.
You have an automotive marketing mind with a technology acumen – you can understand a business objective or problem and comprehend all the technical elements of the solution.
This position will work closely with various functions across various functions of the Software business unit as well as the Motoinsight team including Product and Engineering, Operations (Implementation and support), Product Marketing, and Finance.
If you love the automotive business and are excited about the future of automotive retail, read further!
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Organize, lead and coach a team of diverse marketers across SBU brands (Motoinisght, Activix, TAdvantage, TRFFK, VAuto).
- Build awareness, comprehension, and consideration of the emerging SBU umbrella brand through effective communications aligned around a consistent strategic positioning and value proposition. This includes ownership of all sales collateral.
- Lead relationships with vendors as it pertains to marketing functions, agencies, and technology partners.
- Document and maintain brand strategies and annual marketing plans (including segmentation, targeting, and positioning) for each brand including the umbrella brand.
- Work closely with sales and data colleagues to establish actionable segmentation and data-driven approaches to targeting and marketing investment.
- Directly manage Motoinsight marketing function including 2 direct reports, develop and execute individual Motoinsight marketing plan
- Develop in-depth knowledge and expertise of the MotoCommerce platform capabilities and features
- Closely work with Product and Product Marketing functions on developing Motoinsight OEM product and marketing strategy and plans
- Communicate and promote Motoinsight culture by exemplifying core values
Your skills & experience:
- Degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business Administration
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience of B2B Marketing leadership essential
- Experience with software SaaS brands are significant advantage, particularly growth from scratch
- Bilingual (French and English) is a bonus but not essential
- Very strong organizational skills, ability to overcome ambiguity and bring clarity to projects and processes
- Stakeholder management skills, ability to manage expectations
- Experience in campaign/project management
- Team player willing to go outside of immediate remit when required
- Office & working from home
- Travel outside city/province may be required
Motoinsight is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.