Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a Data Analyst to play an instrumental role in the development of our international data strategy and research innovative data solutions to solve real market problems. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing groundbreaking solutions utilizing large-scale data sets. This individual is also responsible for conducting research, coordination & collaboration with various internal teams, and working closely with engineering to integrate solutions into our production systems.
In addition to these responsibilities, you will also have exposure to other aspects of the business such as:
- Articulating and documenting data models and processes
- Data cleansing, normalization and data conversion (extract transfer load)
- End-to-end ownership of data acquisition, management, preparation and presentation
- Extracting and preparing actional reports and dashboards based on gathered data
- Document data flow and acceptable usage policies
- Work closely with the data team with entry and analysis support
- Assist in managing co-op students by providing them with a valuable learning environment and facilitating their development
Your skills & experience:
- 1-3 years related experience
- Background in Computer Science, Computational Science, Mathematics or related field
- Hands-on experience managing and overseeing data conversion, cleaning and preparation
- Advanced experience in, and knowledge of data visualization, techniques, and tools: Tableau, D3.js
- Knowledge of databases and data warehouses: relational, noSQL, Hadoop
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of data governance principles and best practices
- Seeing the ‘big-picture’ is easy for you – you can look past the ‘how’ and understand the ‘why’ with ease
- You have a business mind with a technology acumen – you can understand a business objective or problem, and create a valuable, flexible, and scalable technology solution (no coding required)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Google Apps proficiency
- Impeccable attention to detail is an absolute must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess a “Do Whatever it Takes” attitude to get the job done
- Self-starter that is comfortable working with minimal oversight and tight deadlines
- Ability to work among changing priorities and timelines, you are not a 9-5er
What We Do
Motoinsight data and technology are used by nearly every automaker, over 900 dealership franchises and the largest banks and insurance companies. Motoinsight’s flagship digital retailing platform Motocommerce™ enables revolutionary omni-channel and e-commerce enabled car buying experiences. Across its portfolio of owned and partnered automotive websites, Motoinsight also has one of the largest audiences of in-market new vehicle buyers which include premier brands such as Unhaggle, Consumer Reports, Globe Drive, Driving.ca, Black Book and others. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and was founded in 2011. For further information, visit www.motoinsight.com.
Recently, Motoinsight has been named one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Canadian Business Profit 500 fastest-growing companies.
Who We Are
Motoinsight technology is best-in-class, but it is our people that truly make the difference. We are serious about our culture. We hire, promote and reward based on our People Values. This is what you can expect from each member of our team.
- Act as an owner in everything you do.
- Invest resources wisely as if they are yours.
- Positively impact the business with your actions.
- Never stop growing and innovating.
- Think around the corner and anticipate.
- Make those around you better.
- Execution is 90% of the battle.
- Do as you say you will.
- Take responsibility when you fall short.
- Be there when things get tough.
- Never give up.
- Always find a way.
- Be kind to each other.
- Do not be petty.
- Be part of the solution.