VP, OEM Business
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Full Time
What We Do:
Motoinsight data and technology are used by nearly every automaker, over 900 dealership franchises and the largest banks and insurance companies. Motoinsight’s flagship digital retailing platform Motocommerce™ enables revolutionary omnichannel and e-commerce enabled car buying experiences. For further information, visit www.motoinsight.com.
Our technology is best-in-class, BUT it is our people that truly make the difference. Join us and let's redefine retail, together!
Why Join Us:
Aside from our revolutionary brand, you can:
- Become an integral part of an innovative company that is revolutionizing the way people buy cars.
- Benefit from the motivating working conditions because not only do we believe in work-life balance, but also in the future of remote work.
- Experience rapid career growth for high performers.
- Enjoy competitive salaries and an employer-paid benefits package, that includes extended coverage of health, dental, vision as well as life insurance.
- Get your hands-on exclusive employee new vehicle pricing and incentives.
Have we mentioned?
- Our focus on your wellness and health, with our generous time-off policies, mental health support, and weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Our energetic and fun work environment with weekly team socials
It’s an exciting time to join Motoinsight™, so what are you waiting for? Tell us something unique about yourself and why you want to join our team!
Who We Are Looking For:
Motoinsight is looking for a senior automotive business leader to grow and improve our OEM business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Motoinsight OEM strategy, management of the Motoinsight OEM business, including servicing and expansion of our existing OEM portfolio, new customer acquisition in North America, and expansion into new market segments in Canada and abroad.
This role will focus on identifying growth opportunities, building, and improving existing OEM relationships and establishing a strong future customer pipeline.
Vice President OEM Business will represent Motoinsight, its platform, and capabilities to the potential customers, partners, and the rest of the automotive industry ecosystem.
You will bring your experience and existing relationships to the Motoinsight team, and help us reinforce our position of the OEM Digital Retailing leader in North America.
This position will work closely with various functions across the Motoinsight team including Product and Engineering, Operations (Implementation and support), Product Marketing, and Finance.
If you love the automotive business and are excited about the future of automotive retail, read further!
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Build an OEM growth strategy for Canada and the US by closely working with the Product, Technology, and Product Marketing functions
- Manage the Business Development team to execute a robust plan to prospect major automotive OEMs in Canada and the US
- Establish effective OEM relationships with existing clients
- Manage and support the Account Management team servicing the Motoinsight customers, lead the team in expanding existing programs
- Liaise with Product function in delivering an innovative product portfolio, and maintaining the position of the OEM Digital Retailing leader
- Identify non-OEM growth opportunities, partner with Product and Technology to identify product needs, prepare the commercial plan
- Support strong go to market and customer support team performance
- Establish the culture of ongoing process improvements and growth for the employees
- Develop an effective training program for own teams and across the organization
- Closely work with Product and Product Marketing functions on developing Motoinsight OEM product and marketing strategy and plans
- Establish own digital retailing leadership presence both internally within the organization as well as externally through thought leadership with clients and within the industry
- Conduct commercial negotiations with prospect clients including timelines and scope while considering the impacts across multi-functional teams
Your skills & experience:
- 15-20 years of automotive (OEM or retail) or automotive technology (SaaS) experience
- Degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business Administration
- Previous experience in a Business Development or equivalent function
- Extensive network of OEM contacts
- Knowledge of current and future automotive market and dealer software trends
- Cross-functional project management experience (business development/sales, product management, design, engineering, client services, customer support)
- Familiarity with software development processes and technology, ability to discuss project requirements and technical integrations (APIs, data models, customer journeys / UX), and other technical elements of our applications
- Experience managing client service functions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter that is comfortable working with minimal oversight and tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile when needed
- Office & working from home
- Travel outside city/province may be required
Motoinsight is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.