Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Client Projects that will be instrumental in the execution of major projects and implementations of our MotoCommerce technology platform for customers including large automotive brands and captive finance companies. The successful candidate will be the first member of a new Project Management team focused on executing client initiatives, and will be responsible for growing that team as the company scales. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Client Projects are to;
- Oversee all project management functions for new and existing deployments of the MotoCommerce platform for enterprise clients, including: detailed project plans & work-back schedules with milestones, dependency tracking, change management, risk analysis, cost estimation & budgeting, resource planning, project health reporting, coordinating internal and external stakeholders, and others that may be required.
- Manage all client projects from contract execution to product go-live.
- Take on the role of the project manager initially, and then build and lead a team responsible for project execution as we grow over time.
- Create and implement standardized internal project management processes and templates for all large MotoCommerce projects.
- Maintain current and accurate project plans, risk logs, change logs, and other relevant project management artifacts.
- Host project status meetings and record and distribute minutes.
- Be flexible and comfortable working with various client-mandated project management processes, systems, and tools.
- Coordinate all project functions across internal teams (product management, development / engineering, client services, customer support) and external stakeholders (clients and third-parties).
- Must be able to understand and speak to stakeholders regarding technical details and project requirements; including integrations / APIs, data models, customer journeys, and all other technical elements of our applications.
- Effectively negotiate timelines and scope with clients while considering the impacts across the multi-functional team.
Additional responsibilities may be allocated on a day-to-day basis depending on the needs of the team – we’ll give you as much opportunity and responsibility as you can successfully manage. As a result, the successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Your skills & experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager with a PMP certification.
- Technology background – you have experience with successfully delivering complex, enterprise-grade, B2B software projects (preferably web-based applications).
- Leadership experience – you have directly managed a team of analysts or junior project managers.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with product management, UX/UI design, and technology delivery teams.
- Proven track record of projects being completed on-time and with high client satisfaction.
- Seeing the ‘big-picture’ is easy for you – you can look past the ‘how’ and understand the ‘why’ with ease.
- Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) & Google Apps proficiency.
- Skilled in using applicable project management software and tools – MS Project, Smart sheet, Jira, Confluence, others.
- Experience presenting to and communicating with senior management at external clients.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills are an absolute must.
- You have a business mind with a technology acumen – you can understand a business objective or problem, and comprehend all the technical elements of the solution (no coding required).
- Strong oral and written communication skills proven by presenting conclusions to colleagues and clients.
- Possess a “do whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done. You are willing to “get your hands dirty” when needed.
- Self-starter that is comfortable working with minimal oversight and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work among changing priorities and timelines, you are not a 9-5er.
What We Do
Motoinsight data and technology are used by nearly every automaker, over 900 dealership franchises and the largest banks and insurance companies. Motoinsight’s flagship digital retailing platform Motocommerce™ enables revolutionary omni-channel and e-commerce enabled car buying experiences. Across its portfolio of owned and partnered automotive websites, Motoinsight also has one of the largest audiences of in-market new vehicle buyers which include premier brands such as Unhaggle, Consumer Reports, Globe Drive, Driving.ca, Black Book and others. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and was founded in 2011. For further information, visit www.motoinsight.com.
Recently, Motoinsight has been named one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Canadian Business Profit 500 fastest-growing companies.
Who We Are
Motoinsight technology is best-in-class, but it is our people that truly make the difference. We are serious about our culture. We hire, promote and reward based on our People Values. This is what you can expect from each member of our team.
- Act as an owner in everything you do.
- Invest resources wisely as if they are yours.
- Positively impact the business with your actions.
- Never stop growing and innovating.
- Think around the corner and anticipate.
- Make those around you better.
- Execution is 90% of the battle.
- Do as you say you will.
- Take responsibility when you fall short.
- Be there when things get tough.
- Never give up.
- Always find a way.
- Be kind to each other.
- Do not be petty.
- Be part of the solution.