Director, OEM Business Development
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
AutoTrader's Motoinsight data and technology are used by nearly every automaker, over 900 dealership franchises, and the largest banks and insurance companies. Motoinsight’s flagship digital retailing platform Motocommerce™ enables revolutionary omnichannel and e-commerce enabled car buying experiences. For further information, visit www.motoinsight.com.
Our technology is best-in-class, BUT it is our people that truly make the difference. Join us and let's redefine retail, together!
Why Join Us:
Aside from our revolutionary brand, you can:
- Become an integral part of an innovative company that is revolutionizing the way people buy cars.
- Benefit from the motivating working conditions because not only do we believe in work-life balance, but also in the future of remote work.
- Experience rapid career growth for high performers.
- Enjoy competitive salaries and an employer-paid benefits package, that includes extended coverage of health, dental, vision as well as life insurance.
- Get your hands-on exclusive employee new vehicle pricing and incentives.
Have we mentioned?
- Our focus on your wellness and health, with our generous time-off policies, mental health support and weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Our energetic and fun work environment with weekly team socials
It’s an exciting time to join Motoinsight™, so what are you waiting for? Tell us something unique about yourself and why you want to join our team!
Who We Are Looking For:
Motoinsight is looking for a senior business development professional to help grow our OEM business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the introduction of ground-breaking digital retailing software initiatives to OEM and other automotive clients. This role will focus on identifying growth opportunities, building OEM relationships, and future customer pipeline.
Director OEM Business Development will present the Motocommerce platform capabilities to potential customers, engage with them to configure the solutions that will satisfy their needs, develop sales pitches and business presentations, and successfully add new customers to the Motoinsight portfolio.
You have an automotive business mind with a technology acumen – you can understand a business objective or problem and comprehend all the technical elements of the solution.
This position will work closely with various functions across the Motoinsight team including Product and Engineering, Operations (Implementation and support), Product Marketing, and Finance.
If you love the automotive business and are excited about the future of automotive retail, read further!
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Build a robust plan to prospect major automotive OEMs in Canada and the US
- Develop in-depth knowledge and expertise of the MotoCommerce platform capabilities and features
- Closely work with Product and Product Marketing functions on developing Motoinsight OEM product and marketing strategy and plans
- Become in-house OEM digital retailing expert, establish own digital retailing leadership presence both internally within the organization as well as externally through thought leadership with clients and within the industry
- Produce detailed project proposals, RFP responses, project cost estimation, resource planning, while coordinating internal and external stakeholders
- Lead external client meetings with senior OEM leaders
- Lead internal OEM business development reviews, generate business plan projections and estimates
- Support OEM marketing function in designing and executing marketing communication plans to promote Motoinsight leadership, elevate the brand, and ultimately attract new customers
- Collaborate effectively with OEM Account Management teams, Implementation and Support teams to grow existing account revenue, and align on the product value proposition for successful customer acquisition and retention
- Conduct commercial negotiations with prospect clients including timelines and scope while considering the impacts across multi-functional teams
- Communicate and promote Motoinsight culture by exemplifying core values
Your skills & experience:
- Degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business Administration
- 8-10 years of experience in a Business Development or equivalent role in a Software as a Service (SaaS) model organization
- Previous experience in the automotive industry, including retail and/or OEM sides
- Knowledge of current and future automotive market and dealer software trends
- Cross-functional project management experience (business development/sales, product management, design, engineering, client services, customer support)
- Familiarity with software development processes and technology, ability to discuss project requirements and technical integrations (APIs, data models, customer journeys / UX), and other technical elements of our applications
- Technology background is a plus - experience successfully leading complex, enterprise-grade, software projects (preferably consumer-facing interactive web-based applications)
- Strong oral and written communication skills proven by presenting conclusions and recommendations to colleagues and clients
- Self-starter that is comfortable working with minimal oversight and tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile when needed
- Office & working from home
- Travel outside city/province may be required